L&T Recruitment profile -L&T is a major technology, engineering, construction, manufacturing and financial services conglomerate, with global operations. The Company addresses critical needs in key sectors – Hydrocarbon, Infrastructure, Power, Process Industries and Defense – for customers in over 30 countries around the world.
We combine a proven track record and professional skills, woven together with a culture of trust & caring. Consistently rated among the best employers in the country, L&T offers unmatched leadership opportunities & growth. Our approach is built on empowering employees to take on challenging assignments and explore their potential.
Job Description for L&T Recruitment
Experience : 3 -7 years (Must have experience in design aspects of Primary Engineering in Substations / Power Distribution Projects)
Objective / Purpose
As a Design Engineer (Primary), the person shall be capable of preparing, reviewing & executing Primary Engineering Activities for Substation Projects as per the direction of Design Lead (Primary).
He must have good knowledge in Layout Engineering in Substation Projects. He shall facilitate the modellers in development of BIM 3D Model for Substations.
As a Design Engineer (Primary), the person shall be required to design the layout of the substation and provide inputs to the draftsman for development of drawings.
Key Responsibilities: for L&T Recruitment
• Timely review of the drawings developed by the draftsman
• Interact with Site Execution & Cluster teams for clarification w.r.t. the design of equipment
• Coordinate with inter-disciplinary areas, inter-departmental checks (Civil & Structural, MEP & Instrumentation) for obtaining concurrence in design specifications
• Ensure compliance to specification requirements
• Review of drawings (2D & 3D) and Documentation conforming to Quality systems
• Review of Vendor Offers and Documents
• Pre-Tender Engineering including estimation of BOM (Bill of Materials) and Offer Reviews
• Prepare design calculations of all Substation equipment (sizing calculations of Busbar, UPS, DG, LT Transformer, Earthing Conductor)& other calculations (viz.Short circuit force, Sag tension etc.)
• Reviewing of Bill of Material and comparing with the Tender Quantity
Desired Candidate Profile
Key Value Drivers
• On-Time Delivery (Drawings & Design)
• New Initiatives (Innovation)
• Accuracy of Deliverables
• Working within allotted man-hours
• Optimal Design Engineering / Quantity Savings
Software Skills Required:
General awareness of Dialux, MS Office
Desirable awareness of ETAP, PSCAD & CYMGRD
The Design Engineer (Primary) is required to have complete understanding of Primary Engineering activities like SLD Preparation, Layout Engineering, Earthing, Cable Routing, Lighting, Lightning Protection, Cable Tray Routing etc.
He should be capable of performing design & sizing calculations of Busbar, UPS, DG, LT Transformer, Earthing Conductor, calculations (Short circuit force, Sag tension etc.).
The Engineer is required to have knowledge on National and International Codes and Standards.
In addition, the Design Engineer (Primary) should also have an overall understanding of the inter-disciplinary (Civil & Structural, Mechanical and Instrumentation) design aspects of electrical equipment.