L&T Recruitment profile -L&T is a major technology, engineering, construction, manufacturing and financial services conglomerate, with global operations. The Company addresses critical needs in key sectors – Hydrocarbon, Infrastructure, Power, Process Industries and Defense – for customers in over 30 countries around the world.
We combine a proven track record and professional skills, woven together with a culture of trust & caring. Consistently rated among the best employers in the country, L&T offers unmatched leadership opportunities & growth. Our approach is built on empowering employees to take on challenging assignments and explore their potential.
Job Description for L&T Recruitment
Experience : 3 -7 years (Must have experience in design aspects of Primary Engineering in Substations / Power Distribution Projects)
Objective / Purpose
- As a Design Engineer (Primary), the person shall be capable of preparing, reviewing & executing Primary Engineering Activities for Substation Projects as per the direction of Design Lead (Primary).
- He must have good knowledge in Layout Engineering in Substation Projects. He shall facilitate the modellers in development of BIM 3D Model for Substations.
- As a Design Engineer (Primary), the person shall be required to design the layout of the substation and provide inputs to the draftsman for development of drawings.
Key Responsibilities: for L&T Recruitment
• Timely review of the drawings developed by the draftsman
• Interact with Site Execution & Cluster teams for clarification w.r.t. the design of equipment
• Coordinate with inter-disciplinary areas, inter-departmental checks (Civil & Structural, MEP & Instrumentation) for obtaining concurrence in design specifications
• Ensure compliance to specification requirements
• Review of drawings (2D & 3D) and Documentation conforming to Quality systems
• Review of Vendor Offers and Documents
• Pre-Tender Engineering including estimation of BOM (Bill of Materials) and Offer Reviews
• Prepare design calculations of all Substation equipment (sizing calculations of Busbar, UPS, DG, LT Transformer, Earthing Conductor)& other calculations (viz.Short circuit force, Sag tension etc.)
• Reviewing of Bill of Material and comparing with the Tender Quantity
Desired Candidate Profile
Key Value Drivers
• On-Time Delivery (Drawings & Design)
• New Initiatives (Innovation)
• Accuracy of Deliverables
• Working within allotted man-hours
• Optimal Design Engineering / Quantity Savings
Software Skills Required:
General awareness of Dialux, MS Office
Desirable awareness of ETAP, PSCAD & CYMGRD
- The Design Engineer (Primary) is required to have complete understanding of Primary Engineering activities like SLD Preparation, Layout Engineering, Earthing, Cable Routing, Lighting, Lightning Protection, Cable Tray Routing etc.
- He should be capable of performing design & sizing calculations of Busbar, UPS, DG, LT Transformer, Earthing Conductor, calculations (Short circuit force, Sag tension etc.).
- The Engineer is required to have knowledge on National and International Codes and Standards.
- In addition, the Design Engineer (Primary) should also have an overall understanding of the inter-disciplinary (Civil & Structural, Mechanical and Instrumentation) design aspects of electrical equipment.
- Market Insight
– Market Foresight
– Leveraging Opportunities
- Customer at Core
– Sustainable Partnership
– Anticipating Needs
– Customer Centricity
- Disruptive Innovation
– Challenge Traditional Approaches
– Generate Innovative Solutions
– Take Calculated Risks
- Collaborate and Influence
– Internal Stakeholders
– External Stakeholders
Education:UG -B.Tech/BE in Electrical